Apr 29, 2011

A Happy Day...

Today started at 2:00 am when I got up to watch the Royal Wedding. I was just going to PVR it and sleep but as I watched the news last night before I went to bed I realized I couldn't sleep through such a historic day. I'm so glad I got up. If you haven't watched the ceremony I highly recommend you do. Kate was breathtaking and William as handsome and dashing as ever. 
My favourite moment was just after she reached the alter and she had composed herself. William says how beautiful she looked. 
The water works haven't stopped all day. I'm dead dog tired but can't sleep. 
When the kids got to school I had to show them pictures of some of the special moments that occured today. They were very excited as well and asked some really good questions. Some of the best ones were:  Why didn't they kiss in the church? and Was William playing thumb wars in the carriage? I said no to the the thumb wars and said he was being a royal and sitting nice and still because that's what he had to do. Well that was way out of his realm of thinking. If you knew this little guy you'd understand what I'm talking about.
The kids were so good today and so excited. Not because of the Royal Wedding but because they'd earned themselves a part. It was a two day celebration. They built forts got to wear their pajamas to school all day and had orange and root beer floats. I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids.
They wanted more!!
The celebrating continued after school. When I got home and went to the mailbox I found a letter from the University of Alberta letting me know I was recommended to the Elementary Education MEd Course Based program to begin my Master's. It's based on the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research approving the request. It doesn't matter because I'm pumped. 
I posted on Facebook that today was a "happy" day. 
It sure was!

1 comment:

  1. Love the forts! My morning kinders missed out on a lot when we had our school spirit week, so every morning, we did something special. On day was forts - the whole room became tunnels of blankets and bumped heads! Now "blankets" is a center everyday, just a scaled down version!

    Congrats on your masters recommendation- it is a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments.