I've finally made an executive decision. I'm switching our blog site. I've had nothing but problems with the Edublogs site. I'm finding it too difficult for the kids to navigate around, the iPad app keeps crashing and half the time it doesn't load all of their posts properly. I spend more time, trouble shooting than I do helping students with their writing. Today was the final straw. Edublogs made changes to their iPad app (Yah!!! Was what I was thinking) but as it turns out, it was a huge HAY!!!!
It appears I've got to individually load 19 blogs on all of my devices. Right now we're borrowing 6 iPads from a friend and to do this 8 times, it just plain RIDICULOUS. I've got better things to do with my time.
So I'm going back to Kidblogs. It's still operated by the same company but it's a much easier blog to use for the students than Edublogs. You can still download the app for free. I'll show you how to do this tomorrow and to get the students logged on. If you want to download the app onto your personal devices then I can help them get logged on in the next couple of days.
Here's the link to the students' blog site.
Best of luck. Let's hope this works better than the other one.