Sep 1, 2011

Great Start to the Year!

We are on day 2 of school and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful group of students. They are problem solvers, good listeners, polite, etc. I'm very blessed. 
We are slowly getting to know each other and learning the routines of the room. I've got some good feelings about this group, we're going to go places this year. 
I know how tired they much have been today because I was feeling the same thing. They were such troopers in math and solving the "Giant" problem. I'm interested to see what they are going to come up with tomorrow.
I'm starting off with some measuring activities to see if they can compare, measure, how do they measure, how do they attack a problem, do the persevere through tasks, and can they solve it without my assistance. I saw a lot of great thinking today. 
Wow! I can't wait until we really start getting into some stuff. Tomorrow is Quickdraw and I'm interested to see what they come up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.