Sep 13, 2012

Welcome Back!

Oh my, I have not been very good about updating this blog. Another year has gone and a new school year is beginning. I've got a group of 13 boys and 5 girls. Yikes! I've got my work cut out for me. 

Today, I think it hit them that they are back in school. I could see the limp backs, tired eyes and glazed over looks just after library. They are tired. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. 

I have pictures to share but I'm just waiting on approval from parents. Until then, take a look at the new Rock Investigation I created. We've been doing a lot of sorting of Rocks. Their task was to sort by 2 attributes. As you'll see some can do it and others are still learning. That's okay because we've got a whole year to learn how to sort by two attributes. Sorting is a really big idea and I do not know if teachers really give it the time it needs in school. I know I am going to be spending more time on it this year. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.