Jun 13, 2015

Happiness is...

I decided to try something new this year in art. We always assume that students just like working with paint, paper and other art supplies to create images, designs and to express themselves. I come from a graphic design and art background but that doesn't mean I always like using the traditional mediums to be creative. 
This year, our classroom received Chromebooks and many students seemed interested in playing with Google Draw after we had done several activities with it in social and language arts. I took that interest and used an art project I usually do with construction paper (in the past, it has turned out fabulously) and modified it to be used with Google Draw. 
I think the results are outstanding. We worked for 3 45 minute periods. The students learned to overlap, copy and paste, add colour, different line thicknesses and to be creative in a totally different way. I even had a student who accidentally figured out how to add colour to the background but it then disappeared. He spent 45 minutes trying to figure it out and then proceeded to show EVERY student in the class how to do it. Good for him for problem solving. 
I am completely impressed with the amount of work students put into these images. If you feel like it please provide them with some feedback or comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.